Monday, October 26, 2009

AC - II

I apologize for the late posts. Been tied up a lot more than I had imagined.
Live tourneys are so much fun! A hand from the tourney I played at Taj. This guy in BB (20K) sported a PS cap. Couple of limpers in MP and I limped on the button with A3.(300/600 - 10K chips). The blinds complete and the flop is 778. Checked around I bet 1800, BB makes the call and rest fold. Turn is A, he makes the forward motion to collect his chips and push and I hold up my stack to shove it. He retracts and I check, river is K and after more drama he pushes and I insta-call he shows down 89 and asks me how I bet with A3 on that flop and how I can call the river. I told him if he had made the move on the turn i would have thought about it but not on the river. It was way simple, the basics of TELLS!!

Guy in MP open shoves for 6K(200/400) and a guy I know who plays good reshoves for 11k. In BB with 9K in chips I wake up with red queens and cursing aloud I muck telling them what I folded. The reshove guy is aghast how I folded QQ and shows KK. The first shover had AJs and made the nuts on turn. Well I seemed to have got a hold of how to make the big laydowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment