Thursday, December 17, 2009

Home Game - S'n'G Win

We have this home game once a month with 40 buyin and 5000 in starting chips. This tuesday, we had nine players and was the first time I took it down. I was determined to come first because at the ones before, I was just floating and having fun. I said to myself enough playing around and went with the mind made up to come first and so I did. It helped that the two players who just play crazy against me were sitting to the right of me. I say crazy, because they just assume I would bluff every pot. It was so much fun (of course its fun when you win), as I played aggressive and made the super-cool squeeze on those hapless souls.

There was a new guy who was playing tight and an hour into the session he makes his first raise - 400(75/150). Two callers (the crazy ones) and on button I popped it to 1400. First raiser disgustedly mucked it and the others after contemplating the call finally folded. I showed my Q6o to put the first raiser on tilt.

Then it was all me, as I kept punishing the early limpers with big raises knowing they would fold pre-flop. It whittled down to 4 players with top 3 paid. Two of them were super-tight and to my left, it was easy taking down their blinds. On button I made it 2k with J9o and SB pushed with 4K and he doubled up with AA obviously. I still had a monster stack, on button(Ks3s) later again, I made it 2K (5x raise), SB(7K) calls and BB folded. Flop was Th4d5s, he checked and I pushed. He calls and flips over AA. Again!! Turn was the 6s and the river was the 2 to take him out. Even if I had checked the flop, I guess the result would still have been the same once the turn was 6s. I told him if he shoved pf I was folding, he mentioned he wanted the BB to call. Kind of a mistake because BB was a tight player too and he probably should have shoved with bubble in play. Anyways I got lucky, then I duly ran down the other 2. The last one left, asked for a split and I know I have an edge on him and didnt go for it. He is one of the crazy ones too. The hand I took him out, I limped with JJ and hit the J on flop to slow-play and get all my money in on the river. He called with second pair on flop/board, thats how crazy they get against me!

No comments:

Post a Comment