Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cake FT finish

Did everything right in an MTT(~280p) to make it to FT and also had a good chance to take it down. But busted at 6th when there was a small stack at the table. I had various factors riding, on putting all my chips in against the chip stack with AQo. Villain (220K) raised to 20K (3K/6K) from LP. BB had 9K left, I(65K) pushed in SB and chip lead made the call with A9 and obviously made the 9 on turn. Ideally,I should have let this hand go too, as there was a small stack and it would have been easy 5th. In fact, I had more odds at a higher finish with the maniacal play going on with big stacks. I had let go his various raises with 99, AJs knowing I could push and have him easily dominated but waited for a better spot because he was calling with anything on pushes. This hand, I knew I should be ahead with a weak ace for him but lady luck smiled on him again, as it was in the last hour or so. I was hoping his run ends at some point, but it was not to be. Anyways, nice to be back at a FT, and with weekend on the horizon I should grow in confidence and put in some good hours!

As I had said before, I am making good runs with small MTTs at Cake than the large fields at PS. I have more wriggle room to come back from bad beats or to make some tough laydowns. In large MTTs, I dont take long to think with tough hands and usually get my chips in and they are not always profitable. But at Cake it is paying off to wait and make a stand when you know you are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment