Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pool - Playoff brain-freeze

Not much poker action lately as I didnt get enough spare time. I played very little in the last one week. Hopefully I would get in some hours during the weekend.

Wednesday pool season finally ended. Last week was division's final game and yesterday were the playoffs. It was such a stressful night playing the playoffs. We had to play 5 matches and the team racing to 3 wins makes it to next round. First game our SL5(skill-level) lost to SL4. Second, SL2 beat SL4. Third game was the big one SL6 beat SL7 but we lost the 4th, SL3 vs SL3. So it boiled down to the last game and I was up for the task. I was playing SL3 and now I am an SL4. It was a 3-2 handicap. The last time we played the skill levels were reversed and so was the handicap and I beat him 2-0. I rolled the first game and got him edgy with the way I was playing and the second game too I was in total control. I was up 2-0 and then I lost my marbles. I wasnt over confident but I was missing shots and was trying to make crazy plays though I was talking to myself to keep it straight and clean. As fate would want it, I lost the 3rd frame after I was close to wrapping it. And then on the fourth frame, things were going smooth until he made a luck shot and wrapped up the rest of the table with only one of mine hanging in the middle. That was a painful loss after being on the hill and losing the next two to hand him the match and the playoff. That should be disgraceful to any captain who should lead by example and I botched it on the last game! Well you have to learn from your mistakes and make sure you never repeat that. I will try to hang on to my own words.


As always good luck at the tables and keep it simple and dont over-do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment